Hermitage - Duty Manager
At The Hermitage Hotel, our guests choose to stay with us because of the unique location, amazing views, and the excellent service throughout their stay. Our team chooses to work with us because of the unique lifestyle in a remote location, amazing views on your doorstep, and being part of an excellent team, a community, and a family.
At Aoraki / Mount Cook Alpine Village Ltd, we offer more than just a place to stay – we offer a lifestyle and an experience. We welcome both local and international guests and applicants to experience the adventure and enjoyment of this unique environment in an iconic New Zealand location.
As the first point of call, our Guest Services team provides professional and efficient service to exceed the needs and expectations of all guests. The Duty Manager is responsible for maintaining the standard of sales and service given across the hotel. While the role sits primarily within the Guest Services team, the Duty Manager is responsible for assisting all departments to ensure guests’ needs are met to the highest standards of service. Previous experience in a Front Office/Guest Services hotel environment is essential, preferably in a Duty Manager role. You will be required to communicate across many cultures and demographics, thereby good written and verbal communication skills must be exhibited. Relevant qualifications in hospitality and/or tourism, as well as previous experience in leading teams, will be preferred for this role.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Directing and overseeing overall hotel operations including reception and porters, and liaising and assisting with other departments such as Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Activities, to ensure cohesive service
- Liaise and communicate with all other departments all relevant information such as hotel events, special requirements and requests, and special package
- Ensure all room allocations are consistent with set guidelines and guest requests are followed
- Ensuring that the daily financial transactions of the hotel are accurately recorded and communicated, including balancing of outlet floats, banking, and overseeing accounting activities and night audit
- Handling all guest complaints or requests, referring to the Guest Services Manager, General Manager and relevant HOD's where required
- Compliance with hotel rules and regulations and observance of correct security procedures, ensuring that safe and key security procedures are rigidly adhered to, and guest security and privacy is maintained to the highest standard
What do we need from you?
- General Managers Licence
- Previous Duty Manager experience preferred
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
- In love with the outdoors and adapted to remote living
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Friendly, outgoing, and professional, with excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable, and able to change with the ever-evolving market
- A strong desire to strive for excellence
Some of the perks of joining our team at a historic hotel in an incredible part of New Zealand:
- Subsidised accommodation, including Wi-Fi and power
- Free access to all activities offered by the Hermitage Hotel, along with generous discounts on food and beverage, available from your first day on the job
- Discounted hotel accommodation for Friends and Family
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Stunning surroundings and unparalleled views – a short and remarkable commute to work
- Frequent staff events and opportunities to connect with your team and community
- Opportunities to grow, develop and upskill, along with working in other departments to broaden your experience
- Discounts through our parent company, Trojan Holdings Ltd, including discounted ski passes
Does this sound like the place for you?
Our teams live and work together so it's important that you have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry. At the heart of our service, your ability to build rapport with our guests and share your knowledge and passion for the local surrounding area is the key to success.
- Applicants should be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. Please note that at this time we are only able to accept candidates already based in New Zealand.
- Please contact us on email@example.com if you require more information before applying. Applications will only be accepted through our website.
- Due to the remote nature of our location, own transport is encouraged.