NZSki - Rookie Instructor Training Program - Queenstown
We are looking for some very special people to join the 2023 Coronet Peak / The Remarkables Snowsports team as 'rookie' instructors! The pathway to joining our awesome international team is through our Rookie Instructor Training programme. Please book in and register at the link below for the programme before completing this pre-employment application:: https://shop.coronetpeak.co.nz/rookie-programme:
Go to https://shop.coronetpeak.co.nz/rookie-programme to book in
Our Rookie Instructor Training Programme is the only pathway and opportunity to join our team as an entry level instructor.. We are delighted to welcome applications from New Zealand or Australian residents for our 2023 Rookie Instructor Training Programme. As part of the 12 day programme you will receive extensive training towards your Level 1 Instructor Exam, and all preparation to begin work as an instructor with us for the July holiday period. After 3 weeks of teaching in preparation you will progress on to complete your. NZSIA or SBINZ Level 1 Exam. NZSIA exam fees and membership are separate and not included in the NZSki Rookie Instructor Training Programme fee.
Our values of manaakitanga (care and respect), kaitiakitanga (guardians of our mountains and environment) and whanaungatanga (connecting as whanau/family and people) are shared as ‘Love It, Live It, Share It’. We have a true passion for our guests, whanau, and whenua. You’ll have a chance to explore more about this during your instructor training programme and onboarding to become an instructor.
As a new member of our Queenstown Snowsports team at Coronet Peak or The Remarkables you’ll be
- Joining an incredible international team of professional instructors, trainers and coaches
- Self-motivated towards continuous development of your skiing and riding qualifications, engaging in every opportunity to continue training once employed.
- Delivering group and private lessons, multi-day and school programmes based on your experience and fit with guest requirements.
- Progressing guests using NZSIA/SBINZ guidelines. To deliver on our guests’ expectations of quality and value our guest ability levels are focused on different levels of terrain.
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment. No day is ever the same on our mountains!
- Flexible and adaptable to fit in with whatever is asked by your Snowsports leadership team.
- Be part of our wider mountain whanau, in the mornings you may be asked to help move guests through rentals, assist with Snowsports check-ins on snow, answer queries for guests arriving to mountain and any on or off snow operational duties as required.
- You’ll appreciate and understand work availability is subject to weather, snow conditions and business levels.
Skills and Attributes
- Must be a resident or have the legal right to work in NZ already.
- Must be a confident and competent red zone or black zone skier or rider – can competently ski / ride all terrain on the mountain.
- Registration and booking into the Rookie Instructor Training Programme closes April 30, 2023. Should you be successful in this initial screening you’ll receive a link to a video-recorded interview to complete within 5 days of receiving it.
- Please complete this pre-employment application as well as registering, paying and booking into the 2023 Rookie Instructor Training programme. There are 2 parts to your application, this is the pre-employment registration, the other is to book into the actual training programme at https://shop.coronetpeak.co.nz/rookie-programme: Payment may be made over 5 monthly instalments.or AfterPasy is an alternative.
- All successful applicants are required to be vetted by NZ Police (NZSki does this on your behalf)
This programme includes:
- An FOC 3 Peak Season Pass (valued at $1399). Should you not be successful after completing the programme and Level 1 exam or you decide to go on another life pathway, you are able to keep your 2023 season pass.
- 12-day Instructor training programme ($1750) to prepare to be employed by NZSki as a professional instructor and continue on to complete external NZSIA Level 1 exams.
- Video interview screening to assess fit with NZSki requirements as an instructor