NZSki - Snowsports Instructors - Mt Hutt 2022
- Mt Hutt, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Mid Level
Mt Hutt Ski Area - Ski and Snowboard Instructors - Winter 2022
Mt Hutt has been voted New Zealand’s best ski resort six years running at the World Ski Awards. A true alpine experience, with wide-open terrain, leg-burning runs, monster snowfalls, and spectacular views. You’ve not skied in New Zealand until you’ve skied Hutt!
We are now accepting applications for ski and snowboard instructors to join us for the 2022 winter season (mid-June through to mid-October). We will consider full-time, part-time, as well as casual applications from suitably qualified instructors. If you are based internationally, you are welcome to apply, as we will continue to monitor border restrictions in the lead up to winter 2022.
Our Snowsports school is made up of approximately 100 Instructors as well as a specialist teaching team in our licensed Skiwiland Children’s Centre. We engage with guests of all ages to build confidence and provide support to help advance their skiing or riding to that next level.
At Mt Hutt we are a truly united team – and this is testament to why we keep scooping the title of NZ’s Best Ski Area. Our authentic and inclusive team are willing to go the extra mile - whether it be assisting guests with general queries or helping another department, we are renowned for rolling their sleeves up and mucking in wherever required.
No two lessons are the same, so you’ll need to be adept at assessing guests’ needs quickly and adapt your delivery to ensure you provide memorable experiences. Communication is key.
Our instructors have a fantastic opportunity to make 'Winter Legendary'. We want all our guests to have a fantastic day and leave Mt Hutt planning their next winter experience with us!
About the role
- Meeting and greeting guests at line-up, building rapport, and asking open questions to ensure they are matched to their correct ability level.
- Providing safe, fun, and informative lessons/coaching with a consistent application, using NZSIA techniques and methodology as a guide.
- Utilising appropriate terrain develop skills, build confidence, and facilitate great learning.
- Teach both kids & adults across your certification level.
- Be familiar and able to teach all snowsports products on offer: including school groups, group and private lessons.
- Assisting in other departments as required, to help ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible – this can include snow shovelling, setting up meeting places, clearing tables in the cafe, or helping in the Rentals department are some of the duties commonly delivered by the Snowsports team.
- Dedicated, flexible and owning your responsibility in delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Adaptable to teaching/coaching in our ever-changing environment and committed to developing return business and work.
- Proactive and confidently step in to help colleagues other and other departments when and as required
- Be committed to your own learning and self-development opportunities.
- Understand that employment is subject to the vagaries of the weather and business levels and the hours of work cannot be guaranteed.
Skills and Qualifications
- A member of a national instructor organisation (NZSIA, PSIA, BASI, APSI, CSIA, etc) with current membership.
- New Zealand and Australian applicants require a minimum of NZSIA Level 1 (or equivalent) to be considered for employment.
- ISIA or equivalent qualifications required. We will also consider experienced Level 2 International Instructors who meet NZ immigration requirements for Essential Skills work visas/if border restrictions allow.
- Additional qualifications and experience outside your main sport/discipline qualification - Freestyle, Freeride, Race, Adaptive, Kids Cert, Alpine or Freeride athlete or coaching experience - is considered an advantage.
About Mt Hutt
- Mt Hutt is a great place to work. We have a strong group of returning staff each season (approx. 60%), and we are proud winners of NZ’s Best Ski Resort, the Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award, and the Christchurch Casino Champion Customer Experience.
- Transport departs our Methven office each morning at 7:15am, and returns at the end of the day. A season pass for Mt Hutt, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Ohau Ski Areas is provided for all our full-time employees.
- We operate 7 days a week from June – October (subject to weather conditions). If the ski area is closed and you were rostered to work, we provide 2 hours (paid) training in town.
- All successful applicants will be required to be vetted by the NZ Police and will be required to provide a copy of their Covid Vaccine Passport prior to commencing employment.
- For further information please email: email@example.com - we are happy to help with any questions you may have about working at Mt Hutt!
- Applications close end of Feb 2022