NZSki - Medical - Team Leader - Queenstown
Can’t wait to start skiing Queenstown’s stunning mountain landscapes? Are you fueled by a passion for the mountains coupled with experience and comprehensive knowledge of accident and emergency triage? LETS TALK
Joining our mountain crew is more than working at a skifield - it’s joining a family. Everyone on the mountains cares for the mountains and shares a passion for snowsports and the surrounding region. Each mountain has its own personality. Their success is due to our awesome customer service, first-class facilities, majestic scenery and awesome terrain.
New in 2023, Coronet Peak and The Remarkables are looking to employ a Medical Team Leader on each mountain. These are newly created roles born out of feedback from your medical crew last season. The position runs from June to mid-October.
The Medical Team Leader will provide clinical leadership, monitor and mitigate risk, actively engage in quality initiatives and manages the day-to-day functioning of the medical hut on each mountain to ensure delivery of safe patient focused care during the season. This role may also provide support and guideance for the management team during preparation for the season ahead including staff training and expectations setting.
Reporting to the Head of Patrol, the successful applicant will self-manage your own time between medical administration such as rostering, stock ordering, inventory, ACC claims, daily check lists and working alongside the crew to provide medical treatment for guests and staff on-site (both paediatric and adult trauma cases).
We’re looking for people who:
- have at least five years of recent clinical experience (or equivalent) as a registered nurse preferably in the Emergency Department.
- Have demonstrated clinical leadership experience and/or experience managing a medical unit / team is essential, ideally in an emergency (or equivalent) environment.
- Have excellent group facilitation skills and history of a collaborative team approach.
- Has advanced communication techniques such as conflict resolution, diffusion, and mediation skills.
- Are innovative and flexible with positive and problem-solving approach.
- Understand medico/legal and ethical responsibilities and knowledge of current government strategies, policies, codes, guidelines, and legislation relation to health.
- Have cultural awareness and its application to nursing practice
- Have document and information management proficiency.
- are comfortable working in an alpine environment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Has a good knowledge of ski area snow conditions.
If applying overseas you must be registered in New Zealand and all applicants must hold a current annual practicing certificate and current medical indemnity insurance.