NZSki - Patrol - Ski Patroller - The Remarkables
Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
The Remarkables - Ski Patroller
We all have one thing in common around here; a passion for snowsports, our mountains and creating memorable experiences for our guests. Our purpose is simple. Love it, live it, share it!
Our staff are an important part of our mountain's personalities and help us deliver on our purpose. Our ski patrollers' priority is to ensure a safe and enjoyable ski area environment for all guests and staff by maintaining the highest possible standards of service, safety and professionalism.
Our established crew has built a reputation for exceptional service and delivery.
About the Role
- Manage trail open and closures and ensure trails are signposted accordingly
- Assist with avalanche control
- Monitor weather and changes in conditions and maintain records
- Administer first aid as required
- Coordinate patient evacuation from the ski area to the medical center
- Previous experience is considered a definite advantage and supporting references must be provided
- The ability to quickly build a rapport with all guests and staff, coupled with strong teamwork skills
- Applicants must be comfortable working in an alpine environment in a variety of weather conditions
- Good knowledge of ski area snow conditions, and the ability to ski or snowboard expertly in all-weather on all terrain
- A commitment to ongoing training and development throughout the season
- An understanding that employment is subject to the vagaries of the weather and the hours of work cannot be guaranteed
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualifications in Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Must be supported by attendance at a 5-day scenario-based course
- Avalanche Safety Stage 1 is compulsory
Apply for this position