General Manager - Hermitage Hotel - Aoraki/Mount Cook
A vacancy exists for the role of General Manager at the Hermitage Hotel.
Nestled in the beautiful Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, the Hermitage Hotel is in a breath-taking environment of glaciers, alpine lakes, sparkling rivers and New Zealand’s tallest peak, the mighty Aoraki/Mount Cook.
Following significant investment over recent years, the Hotel complex comprises 311 rooms across several accommodation types, five food and beverage outlets, as well as a range of unique outdoor activities. Peak season can host over 550 in-house guests and more than 200 day-visitors enjoying our facilities. A peak staff of over 200 ensure high levels of guest experience.
This wonderful opportunity may suit an incumbent General Manager seeking to add diversity to their career or a highly talented EAM on the rise.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Consistently model high personal standards, with a hands-on management style and proven leadership qualities.
- Have proven experience in Hotel Management at a senior level.
- Drive high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent delivery of service standards and initiatives, and high interaction with guests.
- Have the skills to develop your leadership group into a highly effective unit that creates high performing teams across the business.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive business and utilise all areas of the hotel to generate revenue.
- Have excellent financial skills to manage resources allocation and to ensure business goals are met.
- Be an excellent communicator, be motivated and professional in dealings with guests, colleagues, and staff.
- Be a confident and collaborative personality with a working style that encourages feedback and always demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
Applicants should be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Accommodation is provided as part of the remuneration package.
Please visit our website www.hermitage.co.nz