The Hermitage Hotel - Asset & Property Manager
Nestled in the beautiful Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, The Hermitage Hotel is in a breath-taking environment of glaciers, terminal lakes, sparkling rivers and New Zealand’s tallest peak, the mighty Aoraki Mt Cook soaring above at 3,724 metres.
The iconic Hermitage Hotel is home to a selection of restaurants and bars as well as a range of activities.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the presentation of The Hermitage Hotel and ancillary buildings.
Your Job Role is
To effectively manage the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel, ensuring safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. Follow all regulatory requirements and relevant legislation. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the presentation of The Hermitage Hotel and ancillary buildings.
In your role, your duties will include, although are not limited to
- Managing the performance and productivity of Maintenance Staff and external contractors to ensure all maintenance is completed to the required standard.
- Ensuring the presentation of The Hermitage Hotel is at the highest possible standards.
- Implementing and overseeing a preventative maintenance program for the property.
- Sourcing, maintaining, consulting, and negotiating with contractors and external service providers.
- Managing planned inventory of spare parts and consumables, considering seasonality of operations.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ensuring all properties meets statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the General Manager in the management of costs, including invoice approval, budget forecasting and expenditure control.
- Ensure hotel security is robust to minimise risk of theft, crime, and other hazards.
What we need from you
We are All in this Together, so we need you to Bring your Best every day and Own it! If you want to be Part of the Solution you will need to Roll with the Punches and Keep it Real to be happy in this role
- Previous hands-on Maintenance/Facilities Management experience, ideally in a hotel /customer facing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety requirements.
- Proven ability to manage and develop team members.
- Possess the Four C’s – committed, courageous, capable, and confident
- Experience implementing a preventative maintenance program.
- Experience organising, consulting, and negotiating with Contractors.
- Sound MS Office skills.
- A passion for delivering exceptional, pro-active service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications combined with impeccable presentation.
- Understand and respond to customer needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Possess the technical skills relating to the efficient running of a large building including a broad knowledge of grounds, maintenance, building repair, alterations, utilities, and all related areas.
- Stunning surroundings and unparalleled views – a short and remarkable commute to work, Also an unique opportunity to live and work in a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Onsite staff accommodation, fully set up and nestled in the local community with free Wi-fi.
- Free access to all activities offered by the Hermitage along with special staff discount.
• Applicants should be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
• Please note that at this time we are only able to accept candidates already based in New Zealand.
• Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information before applying.
This is a great opportunity offering comfortable working conditions within a team environment.