NZSki - Retail - Team Leader - Mt Hutt
Mt Hutt Retail Team Leader
We are looking for a Team Leader who is already savvy when it comes to all things snowsports retail. It is important that you are able to multi-task, manage stock, maximise sales and lead a small team with a smile on your face.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to delivering great customer service. We offer our customers a range of the latest goggles, helmets, gloves and merchandise among other products. Engaging with guests to help them select the right product and have a great experience will be a top priority.
You will report to the Retail Head of Department and will need to have the flexibility to both lead and follow as needed. Retail is a close-knit department that requires people who thrive in a team environment and work hard to achieve the best possible atmosphere for both customers and fellow staff.
About the role
- Provides team leadership, communication skills, training skills and knowledge of all retail-related tasks, organisational skills and knowledge, staff scheduling and staff management
- In conjunction with the Retail Head of Department, to undertake staff induction, training, administration and performance management.
- Leading the retail team in providing excellent customer service and knowledge – which exceeds our guest’s expectations.
- In conjunction with the Retail Head of Department, undertake stock management, ordering and stock takes
- Restock shelves whilst managing the layout and displays within the shop to help maximise sales
- Adapt to changing weather conditions and advising guests accordingly
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within snow-sports retail
- Strong product knowledge of current goggle, helmet, glove and outerwear technology
- Outstanding customer service and leadership skills
- Solid understanding with Point of Sale including cashiering, end of day reconciliation, and money handling procedures
- Be able to multi-task, problem-solve and work well under pressure
- An understanding that employment is subject to the vagaries of the weather and the hours of work cannot be guaranteed
- For further information email email@example.com