Hermitage - Night Auditor
At The Hermitage Hotel, our guests choose to stay with us because of the unique location, amazing views, and the excellent service throughout their stay. Our team chooses to work with us because of the unique lifestyle in a remote location, amazing views on your doorstep, and being part of an excellent team, a community, and a family.
At Aoraki / Mount Cook Alpine Village Ltd, we offer more than just a place to stay – we offer a lifestyle and an experience. We welcome both local and international guests and applicants to experience the adventure and enjoyment of this unique environment in an iconic New Zealand location.
As the Night Auditor your focus is to ensure that the daily financial transactions of the Hotel are accurately recorded and balance and ensure all cash and monies received are correct.
Hours of Work are 11pm to 7.30am
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and balance daily banking from all outlets
- Balance outlet credit card transactions to imputed data
- Check room rates and accommodation/food and beverage information prior to running night audit
- Running Night Audit and ensuring all systems related requirements are met
- Understand and respond to external and internal guest needs to ensure a high level of satisfaction
- Checking and distribution of reports to outlets and Managers
- Perform accurate check in and check outs of guests daily
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that all security procedures are followed in relation to cash, keys, guest security and privacy
- Observe and work within the areas of host responsibility and the liquor license of the Hotel by supervising the Sale of Liquor to ensure compliance with the Act
- Any other additional duties or responsibilities as directed by the Front Office Manager or General Manager
You will bring:
- Accounting knowledge
- Guest service and frontline hotel experience
- Strong communication skills across cultures as well as verbal and written communication
- Experience using Protel Property Management Software
- Previous experience in a Supervisory or Management position and or leading teams
- General Manager License would be advantageous
- Full NZ Drivers License
- First Aid Certificate required
- Comfortable living in an isolated environment
- This is a Full Time position, minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Your Salary range is $26 - $29.50.
- All positions at Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Village Ltd have accommodation provided as part of our unique lifestyle package, with the weekly board & lodgings rates including three meals a day and power. Due to the idyllic, isolated location of Mt Cook, you will need to be comfortable working and living in a remote location.
- Please contact the Human Resources Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
So if this sounds like you, apply now and start the experience of a lifetime today.