Business Application Specialist
An exciting opportunity is presented to join Trojan Holdings Limited as a Business Applications Specialist within the IT team based in Queenstown.
The role will provide application support for a range of software products used within Trojan Holdings, but with particular focus on administering the business applications used by NZSki to operate their ski resorts across Ecommerce, Guest Services, Snowsports, Retail, Rentals and Food and Beverage, and The Hermitage Hotel based at Aoraki Mt Cook across the Hotel, Food and Beverage, Retail and Activities business units..
This position will excel in developing an understanding of how our businesses operate, build relationships with key stakeholders and will become regarded as a product expert. Key responsibilities include -
- Support of the Trojan suite of business applications, including Hotel Management Systems, POS Eftpos systems, Intouch (Ski resort management software) and various other business applications.
- Assign and maintain user access to software.
- Log and prioritise service desk jobs via the service desk system.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to ICT policies and procedures, including those for security, change management, best practice standards and service provision.
- Own Change, Release and Incident Management for business applications.
- Work closely with business unit owners, finance, vendors and IT to develop innovative solutions to meet business requirements.
- Perform internal systems maintenance and proactive investigations to avoid outages and improve performance.
- Participate in onsite and remote implementation and/or training activities as needed.
- Respond to enquiries from staff and help them resolve any software problems.
- Allocate more complex calls to the relevant support member or escalation through to the contracted vendor.
- Develop and maintain systems and application documentation.
- Be professional, courteous and deliver superior customer support and service within an agreed SLA.
Your experience as either a business applications specialist, or advanced application user who works with businesses to get the best from their software will put you at the top of the list. First and foremost, you will thrive on solving problems and have an eye for detail.
Although we don't expect you to know our platform from day one, we expect you to have a learning mindset and be able to pick it up quickly. You also need to be able to handle time-critical requests and juggle multiple priorities.
You will be someone that enjoys helping people learn new systems and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will have a friendly yet confident style, a can-do attitude with a willingness to learn new things, be flexible, and be someone who genuinely likes being part of a great team. You will also have the ability to work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and confident and engage productively with our end users.