NZSki - Skiwiland Kaiako ECE (Early Childhood Educator) - Coronet Peak
Skiwiland Kaiako ECE (Early Childhood Educator)
Dreaming of combining your passion for education with your love of Snowsports? "Video link"
If so, there is no better place than Skiwiland at Coronet Peak, our licensed Early Learning Centre catering for children from 2 to 5 years old. Here you will have the opportunity to foster a love of Snowsports and the mountains in our unique alpine environment.
You will build trusting relationships with Tamariki (the children) that empower them to take on the challenge of our environment.
Parents' expectations and prior knowledge will guide you as you support each child to get to know the centre, our mountain and those around them. Allowing each child to develop an identity as a ‘lifelong lover of snowsports’.
Reporting to the Skiwiland Team Leader (TL), the Early Childhood Educator (ECE) will be responsible for educating and caring for children in accordance with the Te Whariki framework and the criteria set by the ministry of education. The facilities include indoor/outdoor educational activity areas.
About the role
- Plan, organise and conduct learning programme in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Educating children by exploring our environment, reading and playing games
- Providing a variety of experiences and activities and discussing the children's day with parents
- Assisting the Skiwiland TL to create rosters based on business levels
- Implementation and understanding of ECE curriculum "Te Whāriki"
- Commitment to bicultural learning environment
- Contribute to formal and spontaneous self-review
- Review of operational policies monthly
- Inspiring children in the joy and in the love of being on the mountain and skiing.
- Dedicated, flexible and willing to take ownership of our youngest and most important guests' experience
- Comfortable stepping in and helping other departments when required
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fun, and vibrant team environment
- Understand that employment is subject to the vagaries of the weather and business levels
- Understand and support the application of Te Whāriki
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must be a New Zealand registered Early Childhood Educator (or provisional teacher registration)
- Applicants must have a current First Aid certificate
- Understanding NZSIA technique & methodology is an advantage
- Second language(s) & skiing experience is an advantage
Overseas trained teachers considering coming to New Zealand information is available on the TeachNZ website.
All successful applicants will be required to be vetted by the NZ Police.