Hermitage - Maintenance Technician
Nestled in the beautiful adventure playground that is Aoraki Mt Cook National Park, The Hermitage Hotel is in a breath-taking environment of glaciers, alpine lakes, sparkling rivers and New Zealand's tallest peak, the mighty Aoraki Mt Cook soaring above the skyline at 3,724 metres. There is no shortage of recreational activities to keep you occupied in your spare time!
Our Maintenance team is a key factor in ensuring guests have a comfortable room to go back to after a day of exploring the unique outdoor environment, or to simply relax in a peaceful and beautiful part of the world. We have over 300 guest rooms in the Hermitage complex along with more than 150 staff accommodation rooms. This is a varied and fast-paced role with a fun and enthusiastic team.
As part of the maintenance team you'll be responsible for:
- General maintenance tasks across our Hotel rooms, Lodge, Motels, Chalets, and staff accommodation.
- General carpentry and painting tasks and projects as well as basic plumbing and mechanical repairs.
- Operating and maintaining all tools and machinery as outlined in department SOPs.
- Planning and prioritising jobs to ensure time limits are met.
- Ensuring a high standard of health, safety and hygiene is maintained.
- Carrying out any other general maintenance duties as directed.
- You will have a building related trade experience with the attributes to be an all-round handyman.
- You will have high personal standards and take pride in doing a good job.
- You will be a team player with a proven ability to work without supervision.
- Full Clean Driver's license with experience in all road conditions
Our teams live and work together so it's important that you have a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry. This is a real lifestyle opportunity!
- Applicants should be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. We are only able to accept applications from applicants already in New Zealand
- All positions at Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Village Ltd have low cost accommodation provided as part of our unique lifestyle package.
- Due to the idyllic, location of Mt Cook, you will need to be comfortable working and living in a remote location.
- Visit our website www.hermitage.co.nz or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
So if this sounds like you, apply now and start the experience of a lifetime today.