NZSki - Guest Services - Schools, Groups & Reservations Coordinator - Queenstown
Schools & Groups Booking / Reservations Coordinator - Queenstown
We are looking for qualified individuals that have previous experience in administration, strong organisational and communication skills.
If you are adept at switching takes whilst demonstrating a great commitment to customer service, reservations and community involvement then you may be the very person we are looking for!
We have hundreds of schools kids and groups from all over New Zealand and Australia that come to experience our Queenstown mountains each year and, as expected, it involves a lot of planning and communication to ensure the safety and quality of their NZSki experience.
As a Schools & Groups Coordinator you will be responsible for the entire experience of each group that visits; From booking, billing and delivery of our products.
What you will be doing
- Process bookings for school groups: from initial enquiry, organising all visit details, hosting on the day and account reconciliation.
- Build strong inter-departmental relations with guest services, snowports, transport and admin teams in order to provide a superior experience and product for schools and groups.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our guests.
- Assure accurate and on time billing for all group visits in advance of their trips.
- Manage different databases and account information efficiently.
- February – June: Support the reservations team by confidently responding to general customer enquiries through phone, email, or f2f.
- At least 2 years front line customer service experience with a proven commitment to the guest service experience.
- Previous experience processing and managing client bookings and accounts on a large scale.
- Able to follow procedures and absorb and delegate large quantities of information.
- A passion in learning about ski industry products and pricing (full training will be given).
- Comfortable working both inside as well as outside in a variety of alpine weather conditions.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt to quickly changing situations.
- Dynamic social and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of NZ school systems and health and safety requirements (desired but not essential).
- Please note: This is a seasonal role based in the Queenstown CBD until the beginning of the operational season (mid June) and then will be based at The Remarkables or Coronet Peak. Later start is possible.
- Valid work visa required. Work sponsorship option not available.
- Apply online now and start working with us before the official season starts for support in Reservations. Successful candidate will transition into the School & Groups space in the lead-up to the season.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org